Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting Settled!!!!

Well Ryan left after we had been here only a week to go to Bic...Bic is a school that he has to attend for five weeks out in Texas to pretty much get familar with the air craft he will be teaching airmen to work on. I was a little upset that he was leaving when we had only been here for a week. First off I am a scaredy cat and HATE being by myself...ESPECIALLY in a new house and new state...It just makes it that much worse!!!! Secondly, that meant I was left with a 18 month old who is at that into everything stage and a whole house to unpack...Not really my cup of tea! But one thing you learn when you are a military wife is the military just doesn't care..You deal with it and you move on!

The week Ryan was here had to go back and forth to work which kind of stunk because I wanted him here to watch Kale so that I could be super woman and get this house unpacked. Well that didn't turn out in my favor. However, I was super woman and minus a few boxes I had this whole house unpacked in three days. I was SUPER proud of myself. I managed to play with my son and keep him occupied while unpacking the whole house by myself in three days! Just call me amazing! hahah jk! It is amazing how much you can get accomplished in one day with no cable and no internet!

Getting back to the house though...I had never seen it in person until we got here. I couldn't come when Ryan came and looked at it because our dog was really sick. So as soon as we pulled up I jumped out of the truck and high tailed it to the door. OH MY I am IN LOVE with it! The colors look so great together. I love the darker carpet color...it is a tan which is perfect for having a kid! Ryan couldn't have done a better job picking everything out! It was pretty much love at first sight. I am actually sad that I will have to leave this house in four years and move on to another one! The neighborhood is WONDERFUL! It is very kid friendly. I swear every evening I don't think there is less than 30 kids riding their bikes all around the neighborhood. However, what is even better are there are boys that are kale's age all around us. There is a girl with a son that is a little older than Kale diagonal from our house and then right next door the couple has a 20 month old little boy...Not to mention they are both mine and ryan's age. We really lucked out with the neighborhood and the house. I could not be more pleased. I promise I will take pictures soon!

Now as for the town....I love it so far...I just need to figure out directions...It did take me like 5 years to find my way around Valdosta so I figure I never will find my way around here...Thank heavens for GPS!!! It is a life saver for me.....the mall is no better than Valdosta...which I was really disappointed about. However, the town does have a Kirklands and a Bed Bath and Beyond and quite a few more stores that Valdosta didn't have and when it comes to going out to eat for dinner.....this town has WAY MORE options which I am stoked about! All I have to say is HELLO OLIVE GARDEN!!!

Everyone seems really friendly here and I have already made a couple friends. I am super stoked and can't wait to see what kind of memories this house and town have in store for us to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment