Monday, August 9, 2010

A Weekend With Family


Kale giving nana some sloppy kisses!!!!! my kitchen looks so plain since everything has been taken off the walls and packed!
Kale sitting with papa watching his shows!!!
Nana and Kale!


This whole weekend Kale was just not into the picture taking!!! Boo :(

Saturday morning my parents drove up from Atlanta. My brothers car has been acting up and my dad came to pick it up and take it back to get checked out. It also meant I got to spend a little more time with my parents before the BIG move. Saturday morning when they got here we went to eat at cracker barrel (yummy). I adore breakfast it is my most favorite meal of the day. I love taking Kale out to restaurants because he is so good. I never have had a huge problem with him or had to take him outside. I think he has so much stimulation around him he stays occupied! My mom loved getting to see him and he showered her with kisses as soon as he saw her. After breakfast Ryan and I came home because Kale needed his nap and my parents went to my brothers house to get some stuff done there. That evening they came back over and we grilled out. I love being around my family they are so loving and funny. We always get in some great laughs when we are together. It was so cute because we were all laughing about something my dad probably said and I guess Kale felt left out so he started laughing too! It was too cute. He was all about getting nana and papas attention this weekend. He would "show out". Not in a bad way...you could just tell he was trying to impress them. It was too funny! That night we all just hung out and Sunday we went to lunch at the Smokin pig (yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I love love love love love that place. My mom bought me, her, and my two brothers a shirt. Now I will always remember one of my favorite restaurants in Valdosta. My shirt says gettin piggy with it. Which is pretty much what I do when I am there. I swear I love their food so much. Yesterday I ate so much while I was there that was my only meal of the day. I was not hungry anymore. They give each person enough food to feed a small army! After that we went to Taylor's house for a while since it was my last time hanging out with my brothers and parents for a while. Kale was not so good there. It was way past his nap and you could tell he was just pooped but I wanted my mom to get to hang out with him and I wanted to hang out with her. It was sad when we were leaving Taylor's house. My mom started tearing up. I mean I will be eight hours away from her now, which is not horrible but its double how far we are away now. Also, my parents have no more vacation time so who knows the next time we will get to see them. Not to mention we definitely wont get to see them as much as we do now. I just know that I need to get used to it though because in four years I probably will be even further away from mom. She keeps hoping that we will get orders back to Valdosta but I mean who really knows. Ryan and I kind of would like to get our over seas tour out of the way and go to Europe for four years. I think living in Europe would be so amazing BUT I really don't think I could be that far away from my family for four years. That is the thing I love about my family...how close we are. Everyone I have dated has always freaked out about how many times a day I talk to my mom. I mean its ALOT!!! But she is my best friend and I love her! I love how close my family is and how much my parents love each other. There love and our closeness truly is an inspiration to people around us. I know my friends have always made comments about how close my family is. I just hope that mine and Ryan's love is as much of an inspiration to Kale as my parents have been to me. I also want Kale to call me like 13 times a day when he leaves home....wishful thinking eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment