Monday, August 2, 2010

Veggie Strike!!!!

I know my blogging has been way BEHIND and out of order but I am just getting back into it. I have decided that I for sure want to have something to remember Kale growing up! And something for him to look back on as well!

June was a CRAZY month for the Metty family! We went to the beach for a week with my parents and then the day we got back from the beach Ryan's family came into town to spend a week with us! While we were at the beach Kale had started to eat his veggies better! Him and Jayden would tear up a can of green beans! I was so proud of him! Then towards the end of the trip we went out to eat and he would not touch the green beans!!! My mom had told me that we just needed to lay back on the snacks and when he got hungry enough he would eat the vegetables. So we decided to try this. Ryan is very stubborn and I am very stubborn sometimes it can make our marriage pretty interesting. When we get in tifts it takes a while for us to apologize because each one of us is too stubborn to cave in and admit we were wrong. Well Kale I think got stubborness from me and stubborness from Kale. He is one of the MOST stubborn babies I have ever met! For three days the kid only ate breakfast! I started to freak out. I decided that my kid could not just not eat. I just couldn't take that. Ryan wanted him to start eating his vegetables though. At this point I would have let him eat a chocolate pie (I know I am a horrible mother ;) I just wanted him to eat! I read Emily Parker's blog and had seen her mommy trade tricks. I had seen that she had pureed vegetables and hid them in things so that Kye was getting all his vegetables. I decided to puree the vegetables and put them in something I knew Kale would eat yogurt and see if it worked! It worked like a charm the kid was downing his vegetables in yogurt...which sounds disgusting!!! One day I decided to try him again on the big boy vegetables. I mean I didn't want my kid to be two eating pureed vegetables! I cooked some green beans and put them on his plate...I made a big tadoo about blowing on the vegetables because they were hot. I kept telling Kale that they were yum yum and I guess I was pretty believable because he ate them like a champ! He almost ate an entire can of green beans all by himself!!!!!! I was a proud mama! I took tons of pictures to make sure I documented this day in case it was the last haha~! I decided that I was going to keep feeding him green beans for a couple of days so that he would know what they looked like and know that he liked them! After green beans came mixed vegetables which he likes but not as much as green beans. After mixed vegetables I tried butter beans...yep that is so NOT happening! However the kid is a nut for peas...It is so hilarious to watch him eat them because he shoves handfuls in his mouth!!! Another thing he loves which is so weird humus! The kid is a freak over it! He will eat vegetables dipped in it and will eat it on tortilla chips! As soon as it is in his mouth he is saying "dat, dat" and pointing to the humus container wanting more!!! It is so cute! So as for the vegetable front we are doing a lot better....well that was until his eye and stomach teeth started breaking through the gums...he is not wanting to eat too much because he has been in so much pain...My son is pretty much living off of bananas! I mean again I want him to eat something!!!!! I am such a push over!!! I need to work on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment