Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our first military move!

This is our new home...isn't it just so cute? I think so! I LOVE IT! Ryan has been stationed at moody for the whole time he has been in the military (9 years). We knew we would be getting orders soon but we didn't realize how soon! When I was pregnant with Kale we got orders to Davis Mothan (sp?) out in Arizona. I was so not wanting to go there and we had to leave Valdosta when Kale was going to be three weeks old....moving with a three week old...ummm no thanks!!! Well then Ryan had all of those problems with his back and we got out of the orders. Well this spring we got a new set of orders out to Jacksonville, NC. When Ryan called me and told me at first I freaked out...I am not done with school yet having to transfer and everything...NOT FUN!!! But as I thought about it North Carolina sounded nice and I was so ready to get out of Valdosta. North Carolina was still close to my family and not the desert! I was so in...I called Ryan and told him I kind of wanted to take these orders and I didn't want him to try and get out of them. I gave him my reasons and he agreed with me. Well we still were not sure if we were going to be able to take the orders because of Ryan's back. Well long story short he went to the medical board in Texas and they decided he could stay in the military..that sounds horrible but they decided he could still do his job with his back problems. So he came back and we immediately started to do some work to the house. At first we were not sure if we wanted to buy in NC because it is a four year PCS. In four years we will be moving again! I guess this area of NC has a lot of upper class from what I have heard. Well I definitely know that the housing market is super expensive!! When we were looking to rent..rent was RIDICULOUS! I mean it was way over a mortgage payment so we decided to buy. I was super excited because this will be Ryan and my first home together...the first home that we both picked out together. He already had the house we leave in now when we met. So we started looking. We saw some stuff we liked and some stuff we didn't. I was surprised but Ryan and I agreed on pretty much EVERYTHING! I had told Ryan that I wanted to have a house ready by the time we got down there...because Ryan will be leaving two weeks after we get there for six weeks to go to instructor school. I didn't want to be staying in a crappy apartment or anything with him being gone. I am a chicken and don't like being by myself...so I at least wanted to be in our home all situated. Well we found a floor plan that we absolutely ADORED and called our real estate agent. The sucky thing was that this floor plan they did not start building until you go under contract. So that meant I was going to have to stay in a yucky apartment for two months but I was willing to do it. Ryan and I really wanted a bonus room and this floor plan was in our price range. Well the real estate agent called us and told us that they had listed it wrong and what the floor plan was priced at was WAY over our price range. So we decided not to go with that floor plan and to keep looking. We really were not seeing anything we were interested in and we were starting to get REALLY STRESSED and worried!!! Well our real estate agent sent us this house and we fell in love once again...It had everything I wanted...which is not very much and probably kind of stupid but I wanted a garden tub and separate shower in our bathroom, his and her sinks, a huge walk in closet, a bonus room, and the tray ceilings in the master. Ryan told the real estate agent we were really interested in it and he wanted to come down and see it that weekend. I could not go because Winston was sick! :( but I saw pictures on-line. Of course there are things I don't like about the house but I think that goes with any house you buy until you build your own which we plan on doing when Ryan retires from the military and we settle down in our spot! I am really excited though and I think it is our perfect home! I am just ready to be there and all moved in! Which if the appraisal would hurry up and get done I could be there!!!! One of the things I love about the military is I am so excited to get to see a bunch of different places with my little family...I hope we get stationed over seas before Ryan gets out...preferably Europe!!! Pretty sure I would LOVE that!

No comments:

Post a Comment